Welcome to the Citus documentation! Citus is an extension to Postgres that distributes your data and your queries across a database cluster, to give your application performance at any scale.
There are 3 big new capabilities in Citus 10 that you should know about:
- Columnar storage
- Citus on a single node
- Open source shard rebalancer
Here are some of the most useful getting started resources in docs:
- What is Citus? - Citus use-cases. Do they match yours?
- Concepts - Parts and terminology.
- Docker (Mac or Linux) - Install instructions to try it locally.
- Multi-tenant Applications / Real-time Analytics - Short tutorials.
- Use Cases - In-depth use-case guides and examples.
On the Getting Started page on the Citus website, you can find links to our favorite video demos, plus all of the recent engineering blog posts about new features and new releases.